# of Openings:
St. Louis, MO
Aesculap, Inc., a B. Braun company, is part of a 180-year-old global organization focused on meeting the needs of an ever-changing healthcare community. Through close collaboration with its customers, Aesculap provides advanced technologies for general surgery, neurosurgery and closure technologies. Aesculap continues a proud heritage of leadership and responsiveness as we strive to deliver products and services that improve the quality of patients’ lives
Assist all team members in prioritizing daily functional tasks of new surgical sets and/or process packaging for health care providers. Complete etching, packaging and labeling functions for medical device products. Responsible for the timely and accurate processing of data, pick/ship confirmations, auditing to assure product accuracy, and directing the product flow through the department. Successfully complete assigned job tasks through sharing expertise and collaborative excellence with internal/external departments and Aesculap’s Global Partners.
Responsibilities: Essential Duties
- Consistent execution of all required process steps to accomplish daily and routine job tasks
- Demonstrate competency within a warehouse and inventory management system, use of document control software and other system applications to complete all job functions
- Provides periodic updates to project owner relevant to project completions
- Capable to interpret departments applicable work instructions and/or standard operating procedures to perform specific job tasks.
- Follows procedures for control and distribution of finished devices to ensure that only those devices approved for release are distributed
- Process LPO (Large Pending Order) projects/OEM projects throughout month
- Etch, Package, and Label medical device products, as required
- Performs picking and shipping confirmation of system generated pick lists or transfer orders
- Audits shipments for accuracy and distributes to internal and external customers
- Prepares domestic and international shipments, and arranges transportation
- Generate customs invoices and certificates of conformance, when applicable
- Pulls and packs orders for shipments
- Process daily orders through multi-carrier manifest system
- Trained/Certified to ship Hazardous shipments, when applicable
- Performs cycle counting and reconcile problems within the operation
- Inputs and creates reports/documents for their functional area to keep track of product movement
- Provides support for all areas of the operation
- Operates forklifts and soft material handling equipment (pallet jacks/ladders/pad pack machine), when applicable
- Collaborating with multiple business units; Set World, Conventions & Workshops, SRI/PCMS, Packaging & Labeling, ATS, Process Packs, Quality Control, and Quality Assurance, to meet daily business needs.
- Complies with all GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices)
- Must comply with applicable ISO and FDA regulations as stated in Quality Manual
- Must embody the Company’s Vision, Mission and Values
- Other duties may be assigned
Secondary or peripheral job functions:
- Utilize PC based warehouse management automated system to track, inventory movements throughout the facility
- Capable of utilizing laser etching and chemical etching equipment and supplies to include the creation of etching stencils
- Identifies, documents and initiates Nonconforming Material Reports, (NCMR)
- Assist other team member(s) with assembly of ATS Custom Modification Projects and standard product development
- Requires a High School Diploma/GED
- Associate Degree in a technical field, preferred
- Normally requires procedural skills in reading, writing & arithmetic
- Requires 1 year of related work experience, preferably in the medical device industry
- Must have strong PC skills and a working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Must have understanding of Good Manufacturing Practice, (GMP)
- Minimum 1-2 years with UPS/FedEx manifest systems
- Experience in a LEAN Manufacturing environment is a plus
Language and mathematical skills; reasoning ability:
- Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating
- and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports
- and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or
- employees of organization.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
B. Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com.
Through its “Sharing Expertise®” initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.