San Francisco, CA
Mon Jul 20 2020
The Operations Coordinator position is a highly visible one, requiring a welcoming and professional presence and the capacity to handle detailed administrative duties thoroughly and efficiently.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist Director of Operations with coordination of daily business operations
- Cover 1st floor lobby reception/security as needed. Duties include enforcing university ID policy - checking photo IDs, signing visitors into guest log, managing visitor parking and bike lots, and enforcing departmental procedures and policies
- Mentor and train Operations Assistants and front-desk security guards to ensure that visitors, students, faculty, and staff entering the lobby are greeted and screened appropriately
- Monitor and coordinate evening and weekend business operational activities to meet student, faculty and staff expectations and university goals
- Mail and deliveries - process incoming and outgoing mail, including coordinating overnight services like Fed Ex and DHL - may include trips to post office. Maintaining postage machine and 4th floor mailroom.
- Scan important mail and documents and send to staff working remotely
- Become familiar with and help execute established university Emergency Response and Safety Procedures
- Ensure and model compliance with university standards, processes and procedures
- Identify problems in daily operations processes and help to resolve them in quickly and timely manner
- Back up for Facilities tasks as needed
GENERAL ADMINISTRATIVE DUTIES
- Accounts Payable coding
- Help to maintain clear and accurate operations signage and process documents
- Maintain university workstation floor plans
- Maintain campus directory
- Room scheduling and entering dates into master calendar
- Assist with student worker and security guard scheduling
- Assist with on boarding and off-boarding process
- Assist with supply ordering
- Help write quarterly newsletter
- Additional duties as requested
- Must be able to act as a first responder, be on-call for building emergencies
- Willingness to be CPR/First-Aid certified or be trained in ergonomic assessment
- Must be available to work on evenings and weekends
- Must have excellent interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills
- Must be punctual, reliable, and well organized
- Must work well under pressure
- Must be able to return to specific work tasks, while experiencing frequent interruptions
- Must take initiative; be self-directed, responsible and be able to work without close supervision
- Must be able to handle complex and routine situations with professionalism, courtesy and efficiency
- Must be tech savvy and proficient in Word, Excel, and Outlook email/calendar
- Willingness to improve upon current practices and procedures
- Warmth of personality and good listening skills are a plus
- Must be able to work well, in close proximity, to both student workers and security officers who staff the lobby reception desk.
- Must be able to lift up to 20 lbs.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Preferred: Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university,
- 2-4 years related experience and/or training; or the equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Working Conditions -- Duties are primarily performed in an office environment at a desk or computer terminal, typically, Monday through Friday.
- Background Check -- Due to the sensitivity and requirements of our positions, you should expect to undergo and be cleared of an employment background/criminal check, if extended an offer for employment. You may also be asked to provide proof of educational degree(s), licenses or credentials pertinent to the position. If your job requires driving on behalf of CIIS you will be required to provide proof of a valid driver's license.
- Visa Sponsorship -- Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. Applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
- Relocation Assistance -- This position is not eligible for relocation assistance.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Salary Range: $45,000 - $47,000 Annually
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY
CIIS is committed to providing an open, fair, inclusive, non-discriminatory environment for all individuals across differences of race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, socio- economic status, ethnicity, age, physical ability, or medical condition. We seek to increase the presence, representation and inclusion of U.S. historically under-represented people of color, international, bilingual and bicultural students, faculty and staff; and, to provide an environment that will attract and retain individuals identified as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, questioning and intersex (LGBTQQI).