Route Operations Specialist - Job Description
This job is the most important job at our company. and we treat you that way.
Crew Point Logistics LLC is an Amazon Delivery Service Partner. This means we are contracted by Amazon to help with the delivery of millions of packages every day. We work out of a distribution facility in San Jose and deliver to the surrounding areas. We're looking for dedicated individuals who are inspired and motivated to work smart and work hard in a team environment. We provide stable and reliable work for our employees that has no signs of slowing down. With both part and full-time work available, and shifts available 7 days a week, we can accommodate your employment needs.
You will be given the keys to your own new van, outfitted with uniforms, and have access to the most cutting edge technology in the logistics and delivery business. Each driver is empowered to work mostly on their own but within a team environment that collectively is rewarded through performance bonuses.
We work with people who take pride in their work and help make Crew Point Logistics the BEST delivery company in the Bay Area.
All Full & Part-time drivers are the most important positions in our organization - You will be trusted, supported, and respected.
If you are motivated and ready for a new challenge, please read on.
Duties / Typical Work Day agenda:
- Arrive at our distribution facility by the required time
- Receive your route assignment and the company provided Van & Smartphone/GPS device
- Perform a pre-trip vehicle inspection thoroughly checking the van for damage.
- Deliver up to 100-200+ packages on your route. (Smartphone/GPS device has the complete route pre-determined along with delivery estimates for each delivery) in exactly the manner that our client requires
- Follow all delivery instructions as directed by the customer
- Possibly help other drivers as needed (rescue)
- Return van to the station after refueling it for the next day (company will provide a fuel card)
- Return Smartphone/GPS scanner device and keys; debrief with manager
- Perform post trip inspection noting any required maintenance items
Qualifications and Skills
- Must be a safe driver and observe all traffic rules and company safety policies
- Must be physically able to handle the walking and lifting required to perform the job
- Ability to operate a Smartphone/GPS device with a scanner
- Show excellent attention to detail
- Solve problems independently using critical thinking skills
- Have a positive can-do attitude
- Experience with larger vehicles preferred, but not required; vehicles like sprinter vans, step-up vans, 15 passenger vans, bus, box truck, or semi experience is a plus (also Flex, Uber, Lyft, Pizza, Flowers, auto parts, etc.)
- Customer Service experience (Required: polite and courteous to all customers)
- Work with a team in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Embrace our culture of teamwork, performance, reliability, and safety
- Lift packages up to 50lbs (most are much lighter)
- Be on your feet up to 10 hours per day while walking 3-4 miles per day
- Climb in and out of a van 100+ times a day.
- Must treat everyone with respect and vehicles as their own
- Must have a history of excellent attendance and reliability
- Energetic and ready to have fun with your team
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary: $18-$21 per hour + overtime, benefits, and paid time off
- Possibility to earn bonuses is available for all drivers
- Paid time off is available for all drivers
- Paid Training
- Health insurance package
- Drive a company van during working hours
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Must have a valid driver's license within California
- Must consent to a drug screening
- Must have good communication skills and the ability to work well with customers
- Deliver all assigned packages each day
**If you make it to the next round after applying, please look for an email with the next steps. Check your email immediately after applying***
Company's Website: www.crewpointlogistics.com
Crew Point Logistics company values
- We seek individuals that take pride in supporting other team members. Must be coachable, willing to learn, and enjoy solving problems.
- We seek the types of people who understand how their decisions contribute to the team and can be accountable to assigned schedules with the greater team goals in mind.
Desire to Achieve
- We hope to inspire you to set lofty individual goals. While you must be self-motivated to do well, we want to help you learn how to achieve your goals, and will support you each step of the way. We truly want to see you succeed!
- We care about your safety and the safety of other drivers on the road and will ask you to prioritize both.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment regardless of age, national origin, race, color, disability, religious beliefs, or sexual orientation.