Aesculap Implant Systems
Sales Associate, Neurosurgery
# of Openings:
NC Aesculap Sales Division
Aesculap, Inc., a B. Braun company, is part of a 180-year-old global organization focused on meeting the needs of an ever-changing healthcare community. Through close collaboration with its customers, Aesculap provides advanced technologies for general surgery, neurosurgery and closure technologies. Aesculap continues a proud heritage of leadership and responsiveness as we strive to deliver products and services that improve the quality of patients' lives.
Responsible for contributing to the company's strategic objectives of revenue growth, market leadership and quality customer service through the sale of Aesculap products to assigned accounts.
Responsibilities: Essential Duties
- Calls on customer accounts as assigned by Senior Sales Representative providing technical, marketing and administrative product information and demonstrations; quotes appropriate customer prices.
- Schedules, picks up and delivers repair orders for assigned accounts.
- Responsible for product installations and in-services.
- Responds to customer needs, requirements and problems in accordance with company policy seeking direction from Senior Sales Representative as needed.
- Remains informed of new products and other general information of interest to customers.
- Develops relationships with surgeons and other appropriate personnel within assigned accounts.
- Maintains account records and report activities and submits as required by the Company.
- Manage and submit sales expenses in accordance with budget and company policy.
- Acts as liaison between customer and Marketing, Customer Service, and Credit Departments at Aesculap.
- Monitors and gathers information on competitor activity.
- Completes special projects as assigned
- Effectively manage personal sample inventory and ensure Setworld product is returned in a timely manner.
- Attends training sessions as assigned by Supervisor/Manager.
- Must comply with applicable ISO and FDA regulations as stated in Quality Manual
- Must embody the Company's Vision, Mission and Values
- Other duties may be assigned
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally by air and car, and work occasional weekends. Must possess a valid government issued drivers license and passport. Requires excellent written and interpersonal skills.
- Computer skills in Windows, Lotus e-mail, Excel, Power Point, and word processing desirable.
- This position requires the handling of instruments that may have been contaminated by blood or other bodily fluids. In compliance with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations, Aesculap will provide a safe working environment for all employees.
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect date, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- B.A./B.S. in business/marketing or biological/physiological sciences.
- One to two years previous sales experience, preferably in the medical industry.
- Account management skills, which include problem-solving and customer relations.
- Excellent organizational, oral, computer and written communication skills.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
B. Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com.
Through its “Sharing Expertise®” initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.