Position: Call Center Representative - Bilingual (Spanish, English)
Reports to: Director of Public Services
The Call Center Representative, aka Lawyer Referral and Information Specialist, is responsible for answering live chat, emails and the telephone inquiries in a courteous and timely manner; determining the nature of the issue, assisting the public by referring them to an attorney or directing them to other agencies when appropriate. The Specialist also pursues collections of money owed from attorneys on outstanding forwarding fees owed to the program.
Specialists answer incoming telephone calls, live chat, email and general mail from the public who need assistance with legal matters. Specialists briefly interview callers to determine the type of case or nature of the call. Specialists screen callers and find the best solution to address their legal issue. Duties include the following:
- Refers the caller to the proper attorney, agency or flat or reduced fee program.
- Accurately enters data into the computer database during the referral process.
- Screens clients to determine if the qualify for the Modest Means program.
- Continually researches legal resource book for other nonprofit agencies to assist callers when applicable.
Specialist assist in the administration of duties to run the program which include the following:
- Answer and corresponds with clients through e-mail or letters received daily.
- Maintains electronic office filing system which includes daily filing and yearly archiving of files.
- Processes monthly attorney reports received from panel members.
- Generates and coordinates email delivery of client surveys with mail house on a monthly basis.
- Updates all attorney surveys and statistical reports on a monthly basis through Survey Monkey.
- Processes daily forwarding fee batches and applies payments to correct attorney accounts.
- Generates and either mails or emails panel members insurance expiration letters on a monthly basis.
- Prepares departmental statistical reports by collecting and analyzing client/attorney information on a monthly basis.
- Assists the LRIS Director in the administration of the Servicemember Civil Relief Act Pro Bono program (SCRA). Duties include the assignment an attorney to handle civil or family law cases to volunteer attorneys.
- Assists the program with the Modest Means program. Duties include evaluating applications and the assignment an attorney family law attorney.
About the SDCBA
The San Diego County Bar Association is the region's oldest and largest law-related organization, and the hub of San Diego's diverse legal community. We aim to serve the county's lawyers and the San Diego community as the representative of the legal profession. SDCBA programs help San Diego citizens find qualified lawyers and resolve disputes and educating the public regarding the law and issues that impact our community is paramount to our mission. Our membership is representative of our region's diverse legal community — with new and veteran attorneys practicing in various areas of law throughout the county. With more than 50 unique Sections, Committees and divisions, a state-of-the-art full-service member lounge and shared workspace, various community service projects, informal and association-wide networking events, along with more than 300 hours of quality programs each year, the SDCBA is the place where San Diego's legal professionals connect and convene for the betterment of their individual practices and the profession. For more information about the SDCBA. go to www.sdcba.org
- Bilingual- Spanish and English speaking and writing required
- 2 years related customer service-oriented experience in a bar association, marketing/PR, business, legal service or non-profit environment.
- BA degree preferred. An additional 4 years relevant legal work experience may also be considered in the absence of a BA;
- Must be extremely organized and detail oriented;
- Must have the ability to multi-task, prioritize and work under pressure in a busy environment;
- Must be computer literate: word processing, desktop publishing, excel and databases; be comfortable working in databases/web solutions and researching comparable services;
- Must possess excellent proofreading skills;
- Must be a team player and be able to communicate effectively at all levels and with all members;
- Must be able to set priorities, take initiative and work independently, yet thrive in a team environment;
- Must be able to see projects through to completion;
- Must be able to travel locally to community events and fairs;
- Must be able to exercise sound judgment and know when to involve leadership;
- Must be willing to adhere to the SDCBA values and cultural competencies:
- Demonstrate an understanding of Association's core values and exercises the cultural competencies at the highest level of his or her ability.
- Demonstrate a dedication to the SDCBA's value of relationships over transactions
- Comprehensively respond to issues, projects, and inquiries with can do attitude.
- Take responsibility and personal accountability for work product and roles in projects
- Ensure assigned projects or tasks move forward, taking into consideration project goals and other issues
- Flexible and able to adapt to change
- Dedicated to being an effective team player (helping wherever needed, effectively communicating, building rapport and relating well with others)
- Effectively respond to issues and problems in a timely manner
- Take initiative and is willing to assume additional projects
- Demonstrate ownership of assigned projects and tasks
- Work well with minimal supervision (includes anticipating, analyzing, diagnosing and suggesting solutions)
- Handle all communication with diplomacy and tact
- Utilize sound judgment when handling projects and tasks
- Thorough and attentive to detail and accuracy
- Meet deadlines
- Handle constructive criticism and makes necessary changes to improve performance