|Employer||Progeny Systems Corporation|
Progeny Systems Corporation
Progeny Systems Corporation is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Progeny Systems Corporation is a privately-held, high-tech small business focusing on software and hardware system integration, cutting-edge research and development, and manufacturing. We provide premium systems, services, and products for the Department of Defense, government agencies and commercial clients. Progeny Systems is seeking a highly motivated Entry to mid-level Cybersecurity Systems Engineer to support for the development and maintenance of systems engineering documentation and processes in support of U.S Navy Cybersecurity Software.
Duties and Responsibilities
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Degree, work experience, or strong interest in cybersecurity.
• Familiarity with topics including: TLS/SSL and AES encryption; SHA hashing; access control; auditing; network firewalling; intrusion detection/prevention.
• Awareness of cyber standards like ICD-503, NIST 800-53, DJSIG, or the DoD 8500 series.
• High level of knowledge of Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
• Demonstrable evidence of an analytical approach to problem solving is a *must*.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Basic Linux command-line knowledge.
• Ability to read C, C++, and Java source code helpful but not required.
• BS in one of the following disciplines: Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field.
• Cybersecurity minor or certification a plus.
This position requires the applicant to obtain and maintain a DoD Clearance.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please contact our recruiting department at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703.368.6107. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
To learn more about the Benefits offered by Progeny Systems, including a minimum $1,000 sign-on bonus for all new hires, please visit our website at http://www.progeny.net/careers.
About Progeny Systems
Progeny Systems is a privately held, high-tech small business that provides premium systems, services, and products for the Department of Defense, government agencies and commercial clients. We are a technology leader in numerous areas including: technology insertion; acoustic sensors; signal processing; combat systems; torpedoes; cyber security; biometrics; knowledge management; undersea vehicles; open architecture; electromagnetic maneuver warfare; electronics packaging; and image/video processing/analysis.
As a small business, Progeny Systems is a participant in the Small Business Innovative Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) programs. Progeny Systems has a proven track record of transitioning numerous SBIR contract awards into full-scale production, and has also successfully competed with large defense corporations. Progeny System's ability to leverage flexibility, rapid turnaround, customer responsiveness, and encourage an environment for experimental research has been critical to our success in developing, producing and supporting numerous mission critical national defense systems.
Progeny has provided highly complex products/programs to the United States Government in collaboration with the following agencies, among others:
- United States Navy
- United States Air Force
- United States Army
- Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA)
- National Aeronautics & Space Administration (NASA)