Anderson Dahlen, Inc. is a market leading contract manufacture of capital equipment in the Food processing, Pharmaceutical processing, Industrial process and Vacuum process equipment markets. We have a long history as a family owned, privately held, values-based company of approximately 300 employees and growing. Our team manufactures and distributes products to our customers worldwide. We are looking to add a motivated individual to our manufacturing team.
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
The primary responsibility of this position is to work with our welding team to join stainless steel components together to create food processing equipment, vacuum processing equipment and pharmaceutical processing equipment for our customers.
THIS FULL-TIME POSITION INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING DUTIES:
- Works from drawings, sketches, welding symbols, specifications, and instructions to plan work in proper operational sequence and determine methods and techniques to be applied.
- Interprets drawings, sketches, welding symbols, specifications, and instructions to determine methods and techniques to be applied.
- Welds per drawing specifications, applying various finishes as needed, on all size weldments.
- Uses care to lay a smooth bead, obtains proper penetration and fusion, avoids burning or distortion of metal, detects defective material, unusual conditions or operating difficulties and report it to the supervisor.
- Maintains equipment and work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Tack welds as necessary and performs all positions of welding, sometimes in confined spaces.
- Complies with Company and Department policies and procedures as applicable.
- Welds all types of materials in structural and sheet metal sizes and shapes, utilizing a full range of welding processes including, gas metal arc welding (GMAW), gas tungsten arc welding (GTAW), plasma and oxy-acetylene cutting along with brazing.
- Checks work as necessary to assure holding prescribed tolerances to maintain quality standards.
- Works safely and keeps work area clean and clear of potential hazards.
- A minimum of 3 years of welding experience.
- Ability to successfully complete AWS/ASME certification tests.
- Ability to demonstrate strong math.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Ability to use a variety of hand tools, measuring instruments, and operation of welding equipment including machine settings for various welding processes.
- Ability to work on intricate welding processes, both hand and machine, to develop complex fabrications to closely prescribed standards.
- Ability to perform some fixturing and set-up as required.
- Ability to relate well to others and gain the respect of co-workers.
- Ability to work independently or with others.
- Good communication skills.
- Displays a positive attitude and a strong desire to learn and grow.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
Paid Time Off (PTO)
401K with Match
Profit Sharing Program
Long Term Disability Insurance
Optional Short-Term Disability
Employer paid Life Insurance