Speedling Incorporated is a global leader in the production of transplants for seeded vegetables, ornamentals, and vegetative propagated products for over 50 years with locations in Florida, Georgia, Texas, and California. Guided by faith and integrity, our mission is to cultivate opportunities for our customers and employees by providing exceptional customer service along with consistent quality products.
The successful Bilingual Administrative Assistant will provide administrative and clerical tasks essential to the mission of Speedling and the day-to-day operation of the Executive Office. The Administrative Assistant will provide support to our Executive Managers, assisting in daily office needs, and managing our company's general administrative activities. The Administrative Assistant must demonstrate the ability to handle confidential information with discretion and independent judgment and be able to work independently with little or no supervision identifying needs, initiating, and completing projects. Key responsibilities include ensuring all work is performed in accordance with safety policies and regulations to promote a safe working environment.
OUR EMPLOYEES ARE OUR #1 ASSET! Speedling offers a competitive salary, medical, dental, company-paid life insurance, disability insurance, 401(k) plan, paid vacation, and holidays. Speedling's Employee Enrichment Committee is committed to offering activities to help our employees pursue health and wellness.
If you are proactive, goal-driven, and looking to grow your career, become part of a team that Feeds the World and Makes it a More Beautiful Place, apply now!
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
- Manage the day-to-day administrative tasks of the President's office. Schedule all appointments and other commitments. Provide the President with background information and/or supporting documents in preparation for scheduled appointments, meetings, speaking engagements, conferences, interviews, etc.
- Collect, review and analyze data, and prepare reports, charts, budgets, and other presentation materials.
- Coordinate and implement marketing communication projects. Participate in creating brand awareness through trade shows, events, advertising, and social media. Arrange proposals and presentations using marketing resource materials such as brochures, data, slides, photographs, and reports. Prepare status reports on marketing efforts by communicating with appropriate sales managers.
- Screen incoming calls to the President, determining the nature of the call and whether it requires the attention of the President. Whenever possible respond to the caller directly based on knowledge of the President's preferences, office functions, policy, priorities, availability, etc.
- Process all incoming correspondence, directs mail to appropriate internal staff. Draft responses for the President's signature to ensure accuracy and completeness as well as consistency with organizational policy. Follow up with staff to ensure deadlines are met. Review other prepared documents requiring the management team's signature.
- Book and review all travel arrangements for the President and others as requested; prepare the itinerary, confirm lodging and transportation, and process travel expense reports.
- Prepare and distribute relevant materials to the Management Team in advance of the Executive Management meetings. Take minutes at meetings and follow up on action items, providing support to Executive Mgmt Team as needed.
- Maintain Board resolutions, maintain executive/corporate files, modify when necessary, and apply Speedling rules pertaining to retention and disposition.
- Review various types of contracts, agreements, and summarize terms to ensure compliance with company policies as well as relative laws/regulations.
- Research/gather data for departmental reports, conduct preliminary analysis of data with a focus on ROI.
- Respond to and handle confidential and sensitive information with poise, tact, and diplomacy.
- Bachelor's degree with 1 -3 years relevant experience
- Bilingual (able to speak & write English/Spanish fluently)
- Expert knowledge of MS Office suite (Excel & Word)
- Excellent attention to detail and active listening skills required
- Experience in the Agricultural industry a plus
- Demonstrated ability to build working relationships with all levels of an organization
- Work well under pressure, remaining flexible, be proactive, resourceful and efficient
- Exercise a high level of professionalism and confidentiality with the highest integrity
- Clean criminal history and drug-free
- Ability to demonstrate high ethical standards and set a professional and positive example for all employees
- Current first aid/CPR certification, or ability and willingness to obtain one.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, foster a teamwork environment
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Practical problem-solving skills and ability to deal with a variety of changing situations
- Willingness to work nights and/or weekends, hours will change based on business needs
- Able to lift up to 40 lbs and able to stand for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to take initiative and work with minimum supervision, Self-motivated
- Ability to tolerate exposure to greenhouse elements such as heat, cold, water, and dirt.