|Employer||University of Minnesota|
|Job Type||Full Time|
The UMN has suspended hiring for most positions. However, we will continue hiring for positions critical to the University's mission and operations at this time. Applications are being accepted for this position and you are encouraged to apply. In-person interviews are suspended indefinitely and will be replaced by interviews in a virtual format. Thank you for your continued interest in working at the University of Minnesota.
All required qualifications must be documented on application materials.
1. Holds a masters or other graduate degree in one of the mental health professional disciplines from an accredited college/university - OR - BA/BS with at least 2 years of experience - OR - a combination of education and work experience to equal six years; AND is working towards independent licensure as an LICSW, MFT, LPCC, or LPP.
2. Knowledge of community-based resources.
3. Proven ability to establish and maintain positive rapport with a diverse variety of clients and professionals.
4. Commitment to empowering patients to solve their own problems.
5. Demonstrated ability to intervene decisively, when necessary, to protect patient safety.
6. Demonstrated ability to set appropriate boundaries and limits for best practice.
7. Demonstrated ability and willingness to provide services to children, adolescents, adults, couples, groups, and families.
8. Demonstrated ability to adapt to changing business needs, conditions, and work responsibilities.
9. Proven technical writing skills to meet Medicaid documentation requirements.
10. Demonstrated ability to utilize and complete all documentation processes in an electronic billing and health record format in a timely manner.
11. Excellent English written and oral communication skills.
12. Skill and commitment to customer service.
13. Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team.
14. Respect for and ability to work with a diversity of patients and staff.
*CUHCC reserves the right to change or add duties to this position consistent with the job classification. *A criminal background check, CPR certification and a negative TB test is required for this position.
About the Job
This position will complete intakes for patients referred to our mental health programs. Mental Health Practitioners work with a wide range of patients and collaborate with therapy, case management, ARMHS, psychiatry, psychology and primary care providers to complete an intake diagnostic assessment and make recommendations and referrals to appropriate services. This position may be filled by clinical trainees from any mental health discipline recognized under the State of Minnesota Department of Human Services rules. These include social work, psychology, professional counseling and marriage and family therapy. CUHCC offers a range of outpatient mental health services to children, families and adults to include diagnostic assessments, psychiatric evaluations, medication management, psychotherapy (group and individual), health behavior assessments and interventions, case management and ARMHS. This position will take an active role in helping to advance the integration of mental health into CUHCC's full spectrum of services (primary care, dental, care coordination, community-based programs, etc.)
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & PERCENTAGE FOR EACH FUNCTION:
1. Provide outpatient mental health intakes as patients are entering into services (as defined in MN. Dept. of Human Services Provider Manuals) to a range of children and adults. 90%
• Conduct diagnostic assessments for all mental health service lines and provide treatment recommendations and referrals.
• Engage patient and family in the care delivery model of whole person team based care.
• Prepare and complete mandated documentation within specified timelines including diagnostic assessments, safety plan assessments, as well as required screenings (CASII/SDQ, PHQ-9, CAGE, etc.).
• Engage patient (and family as appropriate) in psychoeducation in understanding mental illness and understanding the options of treatment recommendations.
• Meet mandated annual requirements for continuing education licensing board.
• Meet set productivity standards: number of expected clinical encounters.
• Organize data and input data into electronic health record according to required competencies set by department.
• Participate in quality assurance activities, interdisciplinary case consultation, peer reviews and care collaboration.
• Work within an interdisciplinary team.
• Comply with licensing board rules and Codes of Ethics.
• Meet with supervisor weekly for clinical supervision.
• Actively participate in clinical supervision in bring cases to consult on.
• Work in conjunction with referral coordinator to schedule services with appropriate services and providers.
• Though the focus of the position is on intake Diagnostic Assessments, reassessments will also be schedule to ensure patients are able to maintain services that are assisting in mental health stabilization.
• There may be opportunities to have some Psychotherapy, Family Therapy or Group Therapy appointments.
2. Actively participate in quality improvement, education and training opportunities as developed by department.
About the Department
CUHCC serves nearly 11,000 patients a year through over 55,000 visits annually. The patient population comes from over 12 different racial and ethnic groups that span five continents. CUHCC's mission is to seek health equity in our community by advancing the well-being of diverse people. Candidates must be able to adapt behaviors to others' styles; interact with people who have different values, cultures, or backgrounds; be of service to difficult people; optimize the benefits of having a diverse workforce.
Teamwork is an essential skill to promote synergy within the organization. Candidates must be able to share due credit with coworkers; display enthusiasm and promote a friendly group working environment; work closely with other departments as necessary; support group decisions and solicit opinions from coworkers; display team spirit.
Candidates must have excellent communication skills and be able to clearly present information through the spoken or written word; read and interpret complex information; talk with customers or clients; listen well.
Staff is expected to demonstrate a high level of service delivery; do what is necessary to ensure customer satisfaction; deal with service failures and prioritize customer needs.
How To Apply
Applications must be submitted online. To be considered for this position, please click the Apply button and follow the instructions. You will be given the opportunity to complete an online application for the position and attach a cover letter and resume.
Additional documents may be attached after application by accessing your "My Job Applications" page and uploading documents in the "My Cover Letters and Attachments" section.
To request an accommodation during the application process, please e-mail email@example.com or call (612) 624-UOHR (8647).
The University recognizes and values the importance of diversity and inclusion in enriching the employment experience of its employees and in supporting the academic mission. The University is committed to attracting and retaining employees with varying identities and backgrounds.
The University of Minnesota provides equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. To learn more about diversity at the U: http://diversity.umn.edu.
Background Check Information
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. Our presumption is that prospective employees are eligible to work here. Criminal convictions do not automatically disqualify finalists from employment.
About the U of M
The University of Minnesota, Twin Cities (UMTC)
The University of Minnesota, Twin Cities (UMTC), is among the largest public research universities in the country, offering undergraduate, graduate, and professional students a multitude of opportunities for study and research. Located at the heart of one of the nation's most vibrant, diverse metropolitan communities, students on the campuses in Minneapolis and St. Paul benefit from extensive partnerships with world-renowned health centers, international corporations, government agencies, and arts, nonprofit, and public service organizations.