Full Time - Regular
Roseburg, OR, US
To provide diagnosis, treatment, consultation, and follow-up under the supervision of 1 or more physicians within Umpqua Health Harvard. The Nurse Practitioner provides age and specialty appropriate medical care at the level of training achieved. Participates in the care of inpatient and outpatient clients in an independent and interdependent role. Instructs healthcare providers and non-medical personnel as required.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Manages specific disease processes for inpatients;
MINOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Effectively identifies, evaluates and addresses disease prevention and health promotion issues of the population in the practice while administering quality patient care.
- Responsible for the diagnosis and treatment of acute, chronic, and long-term healthcare issues.
- Assembles triages and evacuates sick and wounded personnel.
- Determines need for consultation and assists in medical care and treatment provided at the direction of other specialists.
- Manages family practice inpatients, conducts ward rounds, and prescribes inpatient therapy.
- Works in an independent and interdependent relationship with members of the medical staff, which allows for consultation, collaboration, or referral.
- Prepares and reviews medical histories and obtains data through interviews.
- Interprets examination findings and test results, and implements treatment plans.
- Maintains legible, accurate and confidential medical records. Documents all medical evaluations, diagnoses, procedures, treatment, outcomes, education, referrals, and consultations consistent with NCQA (National Committee for Quality Assurance), JCAHO (Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations), and state regulatory standards.
- Facilitates evaluation of records by physician(s), peers, and Quality and Standards according to protocols, and receives and implements constructive directives.
- Educates patients and/or families about preventive e care, medical issues, and use of prescribed medical treatments and/or medications.
- Comply with organization’s internal policies and procedures, Code of Conduct, Compliance Plan, along with applicable Federal, State, and local regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Analyzes new knowledge gained from conferences, workshops, professional literature, or “hands-on training” and assimilates this knowledge into clinical practice.
- Formulates medical training programs and instructs both medical and nonmedical personnel in a variety of health-related topics, including first-aid measures, basic and advanced cardiac life support, and health care maintenance.
- Instructs Medical and non-medical personnel.
- Participates in committee direction of outpatient and inpatient health care services, as well as resource, facility, and logistics management.
- Determines needs for, and advises on kind and quantity of, medical supplies and equipment.
- May teach family practice residents and medical students at military or affiliated civilian institutions.