Ice Miller is seeking a mid-level associate who will support clients in transactions in both academic and industry settings that include important and complex intellectual property issues, primarily in life sciences.
Candidates must have 4-6 years of experience with a focus on licensing in life sciences, including pharmaceuticals and/or healthcare matters. Candidates should have a bachelor’s or advanced degree in a life sciences field and have a strong understanding of healthcare laws and regulations.
In this position you will:
- Support a busy Life Sciences practice that counsels clients about transactional structures and intellectual property considerations from both legal and business perspectives
- Draft a wide variety of transactions including: academic collaborations (in-licenses, sponsored research, research collaborations, clinical development collaborations, and consortiums) and industry collaborations (selective program/product/field/territory licensing, evaluation and option arrangements, R&D collaborations, manufacturing and process/formulation collaborations, and promotion and distribution agreements)
- Work with the Intellectual Property Group and the Business Group with our private equity, venture capital, and mergers and acquisitions teams
- Handle matters related to pharmaceutical, healthcare, and life sciences regulatory issues
The ideal candidate will:
- Bachelor's or Advanced Degree in a life sciences or related field
- Prior experience with licensing agreements in Pharmacy, Life Sciences, and/or Healthcare related matters
- Excel in a team environment
- Demonstrate a keen interest in developing and implementing relationship-building skills both internally and externally
- Have prior experiences that prepare them to work with attorneys, staff and clients from cultures and backgrounds different from their own
- Be highly motivated and a self-starter
- Be flexible and able to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Have excellent law school credentials and references
Our attorneys enjoy:
- Competitive salaries
- Quality benefits programs including an annual stipend to support attorneys’ interests and hobbies outside of the workplace
- Workplace flexibility
- One-on-One Career coaching and outstanding professional development opportunities and support
Please include: a resume listing all significant and relevant experiences, cover letter, and law school transcript.
Ice Miller LLP embraces a work environment that is collaborative, welcoming, and focused on growth. To maintain our culture, we are committed to building an inclusive workplace where talented attorneys from all backgrounds serve our clients, focus on professional development, and perform to their highest potential. With over 325 lawyers in offices located in Columbus, Chicago, DuPage County, Illinois, New York, Indianapolis, Philadelphia and Washington, D.C., our attorneys and professional staff are among the most talented in the country. Ice Miller is an Equal Opportunity Employer.