Education and/or Equivalent Experience:
- Graduation with a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in a field related to the job, plus one (1) year of experience in a related field.
- Experience may substitute for education for up to four (4) years.
Notes to Applicants
The Digital Asset Manager will join the City of Austin Communications and Public Information Office to assist in selecting and implementing an enterprise digital asset management system. Through the creation and documentation of metadata standards, workflows to catalog, ingest, and approve assets, as well as training procedures, the Digital Asset Specialist will help to centralize the City's digital assets, ensure they are appropriately described, and prepare appropriate assets. This is a temporary, project-based role.
When completing the City of Austin employment application:
- Please be sure to detail on the application all previous employment that you wish to be considered as part of your qualifications.
- A detailed, complete employment application is required. It helps us to better evaluate your qualifications and will be used to determine salary if you are selected for this position. Be sure to provide job titles and employment dates for all jobs you wish to be considered.
- A résumé is required, but will not substitute for a complete employment application. Please include contact information from previous employers.
- A cover letter is also required. In the cover letter candidates should describe, in concise detail, their interest in this position and highlight any prior experience that is relevant to this position.
Required Application Materials:
If you are selected for this position, and meet the Driver Safety Standards in the City of Austin Driver Safety Program, you may drive when necessary to multiple locations as part of your regular job duties. Otherwise, you are responsible for getting to and from these locations.
$28.01 - $36.41
Monday - Friday.
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Hours may vary due to operational needs.
Job Close Date
Type of Posting
Communications and Public Information Office
Grant Funded or Pooled Position
1000 E 11th Street, Austin, TX.
Duties, Functions and Responsibilities
Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
Review Request For Proposal submissions and participate in Digital Asset Management Software vendor selection.
Work with departments to audit asset inventories (photos and marketing assets).
Develop schema and metadata taxonomy.
Configure Digital Asset Management Software.
Tag, batch and upload assets.
Create and deliver Digital Asset Management Software workflows and training.
Assess project performance metrics post-launch (qualitatively and quantitatively).
Responsibilities- Supervision and/or Leadership Exercised:
May provide leadership, work assignments, evaluation, training, and guidance to others.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
Criminal Background Investigation
- Experience in digital production/digital asset management.
- Experience with asset curation, with experience in Digital Asset Management Software administration or in a related field.
- Knowledge of Digital Asset Management Software, accessibility, metadata taxonomy, search engine optimization best practices, strategy principles and concepts for assets and digital content.
- Knowledge of web publishing and content management systems best practices/standards.
- Knowledge of media Digital Rights Management ( DRM ).
- Experience in data governance, standards and process development.
- Skill in developing and delivering effective training to a diverse audience.
- Knowledge of software configuration.
- Skill in handling multiple projects & prioritizing.
- Skill in planning and organizing.
- Skill in analysis and problem solving.
This position does not require a Criminal Background Investigation
City of Austin is committed to compliance with the American Disabilities Act. If you require reasonable accommodation during the application process or have a question regarding an essential job function, please call (512) 974-3210 or TTY (512) 974-2445.
Information For City Employees: If you are an employee within
the department, are in good standing and meet both the minimum and preferred qualifications, then you will receive an initial interview.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
* This position requires graduation from an accredited college or university, plus one (1) year of experience related to the job. Experience may substituted for education up to a maximum of four (4) years. Do you meet this minimum qualification?
* Describe your experience developing schema and metadata taxonomy.
(Open Ended Question)
* Describe your experience working with digital asset management systems.
(Open Ended Question)
Optional & Required Documents
Required Documents Cover Letter Resume Optional Documents