Education and/or Equivalent Experience:
- Graduation with a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in Business Administration, Public Administration, Social Sciences or related field, to include six (6) semester hours involving or related to statistics and one (1) year of experience in a research field
- Master's Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Social Sciences or related field.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
Notes to Applicants
This position will report to the Public Information and Program Manager.
This position will be responsible for performing research related to program development and design. This position will use various technological resources as a platform to development and provide information to the community and various City of Austin Departments.
Regarding your application:
When completing the City of Austin employment application, work experience must include month and year.
Please be sure that your application is a reflection of your entire work history. Incomplete applications will not be considered. References must be a minimum of three (3) verifiable references who can verify your work experience i.e. (supervisor or direct report). While a cover letter and resume are required, they will not be used in place of a fully completed application.
This posting may be used to fill other similar positions within Austin Code Department outside of the division listed above. Please note: Austin Code reserves the right to close this position at any time after seven (7) days.
Top Candidates are required to provide education credential verification if required in the minimum and preferred qualifications, this may include diploma, degree or transcripts verifying education completion.
If you are selected for this position, and meet the Driver Safety Standards in the City of Austin Driver Safety Program, you may drive when necessary to multiple locations as part of your regular job duties. Otherwise, you are responsible for getting to and from these locations.
Please note that all Austin Code Department locations are tobacco-free. Use of tobacco products and/or e-cigarettes is not permitted on any ACD worksite - including the parking lot or in any personal vehicle located on the premises.
$21.75 - $27.73
Monday - Friday (8:00 am - 5:00 pm).
Job Close Date
Type of Posting External
Department Austin Code
Grant Funded or Pooled Position Not Applicable
Location 5202 Ben White Blvd. Suite 550, Austin, Texas 78741
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Exemplary customer service skills
- Intermediate or advanced proficiency using Microsoft Suite, specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Experience conducting analytical research
- Ability to travel to more than one work location
Duties, Functions and Responsibilities
Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
- Gathers data to meet specific project objectives by using various informational sources.
- Assists in planning design instrumentation and research methodology for gathering data.
- Collects information and establishes a database to catalogue, update and retrieve data.
- Analyzes data to determine trend, discrepancies or other specific departmental business issues.
- Coordinates meetings with targeted audiences to identify or clarify departmental issues, which may include committees, consultants, citizen's groups, etc.
- Authors or edits technical reports to provide a summary of findings.
- Manages data using statistical analysis processes and project management techniques.
- Conducts presentations and designs ancillary visual graphics to enhance reporting
Responsibilities - Supervisor and/or Leadership Exercised:
Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Knowledge of statistical methodology.
- Knowledge of city practice, policy and procedures.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Skill in handling multiple tasks and prioritizing.
- Skill in using computers and related software.
- Skill in data analysis and problem solving.
- Skill in planning and organizing.
- Ability to establish databases to maintain or track data.
- Ability to conduct presentations.
- Ability to author technical documents.
- Ability to identify variables and utilizing various resources to gather data.
- Ability to work with frequent interruptions and changes in priorities.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with other city employees and the public.
Criminal Background Investigation This position does not require a Criminal Background Investigation
City of Austin is committed to compliance with the American Disabilities Act. If you require reasonable accommodation during the application process or have a question regarding an essential job function, please call (512) 974-3210 or TTY (512) 974-2445.
Information For City Employees: If you are an employee within the department, are in good standing and meet both the minimum and preferred qualifications, then you will receive an initial interview.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * The minimum qualifications of the Research Analyst position are: Graduation with a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in Business Administration, Public Administration, Social Sciences or related field, to include six (6) semester hours involving or related to statistics and one (1) year of experience in a research field. Or a Master's Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Social Sciences or related field. Do you meet the minimum qualifications?
- * How many years of research experience do you have?
- 0 - 1 years
- 1 - 3 years
- 3 - 5 years
- 5+ years
- * Do you have prior work experience with conducting analytical research? If so, please describe in what capacity.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have experience serving customers or clients doing business research?
- * Which of the following best describes your proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, specifically with Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook?
- No experience
- Basic: create/edit simple documents, spreadsheets, emails, & simple presentations
- Intermediate: create/edit a variety of documents & spreadsheets; reformat document features such as color, font style and size of text, change page size/width, & filter/sort data fields create a variety of presentations, & reformat individual slides
- Advanced: create/edit complex documents, spreadsheets, presentations; integrate features such as tables, charts, mathematic formulas, hyperlinks, graphics; data/mail merge, import data from one document to another create/edit complex, professional-quality
- * Do you have the ability to travel to multiple sites as part of the regular job duties?
Optional & Required Documents
- ResumeOptional Documents