Education and/or Equivalent Experience:
Driver Safety Program
- Graduation from an accredited high school or equivalent.
- Enrolled in an accredited College or University, Must be a Sophomore, Junior or Senior as of 06/01/2021, Field of study applicable to the Watershed Protection Department and must have a cumulative GPA of 2.50 and be in good standing.
Notes to Applicants
(Please read carefully):
This is a summer internship for WPD Youth Education. This position will provide assistance with Inventory and restocking the Earth Camp teaching materials are among the primary duties. Other duties may include social media posts, planning calendars for the school year, research etc.
When completing the City of Austin Employment Application:
- A resume may/must be submitted with the employment application, but does not substitute for a complete employment application.
- A detailed and complete employment application will help us better evaluate your qualifications and will be used to determine salary if you are selected for this position.
- Include any previous employment that you wish to be considered as part of your qualifications and relevant experience.
- Your work history must include employer name and address, job title, supervisor's name and phone number, the month and year of employment and whether it was full or part-time work. Each work history should include a detailed description of the work you performed. We do not accept "See Resume" and your application will be considered incomplete.
The minimum qualifications for an Intern with the Watershed Protection Department are the following: Enrolled in an accredited College or University, Must be a Sophomore, Junior or Senior as of 06/01/2021, Field of study applicable to the Watershed Protection Department, and must have a cumulative GPA of 2.50 and be in good standing.
Job Offer is contingent on passing a Criminal Background Investigation.
If you are selected for this position, and meet the Driver Safety Standards in the City of Austin
, you may drive when necessary to multiple locations as part of your regular job duties. Otherwise, you are responsible for getting to and from these locations.
Monday - Friday.
8:00 am - 12:00 pm (20 hours per week).
Job Close Date
Type of Posting
Temporary (No benefits)
Grant Funded or Pooled Position
One Texas Center 505 Barton Springs Rd Austin TX
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Organizational skills and teaching experience.
- Ability to travel to more than one work location.
Duties, Functions and Responsibilities
Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
- Observes and assists professionals in the assigned department to learn about areas of career interest.
- Assists, as necessary, in the coordination, administration, or monitoring of specific programs.
- Assists, as necessary, with researching, collecting and organizing data, performing analyses, and preparing reports to supplement knowledge gained through academic courses.
- Participates, as necessary, in finding solutions to existing problems and discusses recommendations with administrative personnel to acquire skills in problem solving.
- Assists with special projects.
Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
Criminal Background Investigation
- Knowledge of Federal, State, and Local laws and ordinances.
- Knowledge of applicable processes, techniques, and methods.
- Knowledge of City practices, policies, and procedures.
- Knowledge of statistical analysis.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Skill in using computers and related software applications.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to operate a computer keyboard and other basic office equipment.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Ability to create clear and concise reports.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective communication and working relationships with City employees and the public.
This position has been approved for a Criminal Background Investigation.
City of Austin is committed to compliance with the American Disabilities Act. If you require reasonable accommodation during the application process or have a question regarding an essential job function, please call (512) 974-3210 or TTY (512) 974-2445.
The City of Austin will not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, creed, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, age, religion, veteran status, disability, or sexual orientation. In addition, the City will not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of an individual's AIDS , AIDS Related Complex, or HIV status; nor will the City discriminate against individuals who are perceived to be at risk of HIV infection, or who associate with individuals who are believed to be at risk.
Information For City Employees: If you are an employee within
the department, are in good standing and meet both the minimum and preferred qualifications, then you will receive an initial interview.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
* The minimum qualifications for an Intern with the Watershed Protection Department are the following: Enrolled in an accredited College or University, Must be a Sophomore, Junior or Senior as of 06/01/2021, Field of study applicable to the Watershed Protection Department, and must have a cumulative GPA of 2.50 and be in good standing. Do you meet the minimum qualifications?
* Please describe your teaching techniques for outdoors.
(Open Ended Question)
* Please describe a situation and the tools used to organize materials.
(Open Ended Question)
* Do you have the ability to travel to multiple sites as part of the regular job duties?
Optional & Required Documents
Required Documents Optional Documents Cover Letter Resume