|Employer||City of Sacramento, CA|
|Job Type||Part Time|
|Salary||$33,722.27 - $39,107.50 Annually|
PLEASE NOTE: Employment dates for this position are from May to August, possibly September. Although this recruitment has multiple-cutoffs, only one application needs to be submitted. If duplicate applications are submitted, only one application will be accepted.
To assist in the oversight of an assigned aquatic facility by working with the Pool Manager in scheduling and supervising subordinate employees, maintaining the building, grounds, and equipment, and developing aquatic programs; to supervise the pool, water, decks, and ancillary areas of an aquatic facility.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED AND RECEIVED
Direct supervision is provided by a higher-level position. Responsibilities include the direct and indirect supervision of lower-level aquatic personnel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties are typical for this classification. Incumbents may not perform all the listed duties and/or may be required to perform related duties as needed.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
Any combination of education and experience that would provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
Two seasons or 2.5 months of experience at an aquatic facility as a lifeguard.
Must be 18 years of age by time of appointment.
Possession of a current course completion certificate as required by current Federal, State, and Local law:
Proof of the required certificate and/or license must be submitted to the City of Sacramento Employment Office as an attachment(s) to the online application, faxed to (916) 596-1556, or emailed to email@example.com by time of appointment . If submitting via fax/email, please include your name and Job #009119-21-YPCE-1 on your documents. Unofficial documents and/or copies are acceptable.
If considered for appointment, candidates must:
This position is designated as a Mandatory Reporter; completion of Mandatory Reporter training is required within two weeks of appointment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK CONDITIONS:
The conditions herein are typically required of an incumbent to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Must have the ability to walk, start, and stop frequently; run and swim frequently; perform simple and power grasping; verbal and hearing skills to effectively communicate with participants and staff; visual acuity to read and record documents and make observations. Must be able to spend prolonged periods of time in pool mater; must maintain the physical ability required to pass American Red Cross Lifeguard Certification.
Work may be performed outdoors with exposure to heat, often over 100 degrees, sun, noise, dust, and pollens and pool chemicals; intermittently, lift, carry or move equipment of 20 pounds or less.
May be required to work various shifts, evenings, and weekends.
THE SELECTION PROCEDURE
Please note, the City of Sacramento's preferred method of communication with applicants is via e-mail. As such, please ensure you verify the e-mail address on your application, and check your e-mail frequently, including your spam and junk folders. All e-mail notifications can also be accessed through the governmentjobs.com applicant inbox.
1. Application: (Pass/Fail) - All applicants must complete and submit online a City of Sacramento employment application by the final filing deadline ;
2. Supplemental Questionnaire: (Pass/Fail) - In addition to the City of Sacramento employment application, all applicants must complete and submit online responses to the supplemental questionnaire to the City of Sacramento Employment Office by the final filing deadline ;
3. Screening Committee: (Pass/Fail) - Human Resources will forward employment applications of individuals who submitted all the required documents (i.e. City of Sacramento Application and Supplemental Questionnaire) to the hiring department.
4. Hiring Interview: Those candidates determined to be the MOST QUALIFIED will be invited to participate in an interview process coordinated by the hiring department. There will be no eligible list established, as positions will be seasonal and/or part-time. A hiring interview is not guaranteed.
5. Conditional Hire: Upon receipt of a conditional offer, the selected candidate must complete and pass LiveScan/fingerprinting. If applicable, candidates may also need to pass a pre-employment medical exam, controlled substance and/or alcohol test, and possess any required licensure or certification prior to receiving a start date from the Department. Failure to meet these prerequisites will be grounds for withdrawal of your conditional offer of employment.
For questions concerning this job announcement and the application process: