An Energy Compliance Analyst job is available with the City of Fort Worth Department of Property Management's General Services Division. The position is assigned within the Utility Administration Section and reports to the City's Energy Manager. The Energy Compliance Analyst performs a wide variety of analytical support duties involving the management of 1) City facility operating expenses from utility service providers of electricity, natural gas, & water, and 2) City right-of-way franchise fee revenues from utility service providers of electricity, natural gas, & telecommunications.
The Energy Compliance Analyst position's performance goals are to 1) Manage City Utility Data Reporting, 2) Manage City Utility Revenue Checks, and 3) Manage City Utility Expense Invoices. The position is full-time; expected to work 40-hours per week, Monday through Friday with flex-time available upon supervisor approval. The position is co-located with the Energy Manager at the Gordon Swift Building, 900 Monroe Street, Fort Worth, TX 76102.
The Energy Compliance Analyst job responsibilities include:
- Develops and maintains database of internal department energy and water accounts. Assists with developing and tracking department energy budgets. Assists with developing estimates of revenues to be generated through use of City rights-of-way by utility providers of electricity, natural gas, and telecommunication services.
- Reviews, reconciles, and validates existing energy, water, and natural gas source contracts, franchise fees, and related billing/invoices. Provides analytical reports through data collection from various sources and research to determine inefficiencies and alternative improvement solutions for management consideration.
- Conducts audit of City's franchise fees and service provider billings. Provides data to support energy and water contract negotiations for the City.
- Tracks and reviews City's telecommunication fees for line validation. Identifies concerns and notifies management of issues. Assists with resolution, as appropriate.
- Provides a variety of analytical and research support of City-wide and department energy utilization data from various sources and determines best practices; analyzes various data sources and compiles to make recommendations for the solution of budgetary, fiscal or operational concerns and issues.
- Provides assistance in resolving operational and administrative problems related to energy management; identifies problem area; conducts research to find alternative solutions; prepares various, and sometimes complex, reports to present and interprets various, and sometimes complex, energy related data; makes recommendations; and completes forms, paperwork or other administrative procedures to assist in implementation of energy management programs.
- Participates in special projects including research of new energy and water conservation programs and services, industry benchmarking, and feasibility analyses.
- Gathers, relates, and identifies energy management data with various variables by applying personal judgment and mathematical tests. Analyzes statistical data from various sources and prepares written reports to management, indicating solution or range of possible alternatives in rank of desirability and probability of success.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in engineering technology, environmental management, business administration or a related field.
- Four-years (4) of experience in general and/or municipal facility management dealing with utility expenses & budgeting, building systems & operations, and other areas related to these duties.
- Valid Texas driver's license.
- Skill in Microsoft's Excel & Access applications and in the ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager® online tool.
- Knowledge of utility tariff structures and rate-making processes.
- Knowledge of energy supply-side contracts and demand-side conservation strategies.
- Knowledge of rights-of-way gross receipt tax and franchise fee-agreements.
- Knowledge of principles & practices of general & municipal accounting & budgeting.
- Prior supervisory/administrative experience preferred.
Closing Date/Time: 3/8/21