|Employer||TACOMA PUBLIC SCHOOLS|
Tacoma Public Schools
Expected Start Date: December 6, 2021 or sooner
Hours per day: 8
Salary Level: OP5
Union/Days per year: Office Professional, 260 work days, 12 month position
Benefits: This job has the full range of benefits offered by Tacoma Public Schools.
Additional Information: In accordance with Governor Jay Inslee's announced Proclamation 21-14.1 on August 18th, 2021, all K-12 school district employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by October 18th, 2021. Candidates who are extended a conditional offer of employment with Tacoma Public Schools will be required to submit proof of vaccination status in compliance with Governor Inslee's mandate, prior to official hire with the district. Individuals qualifying for a medical and/or religious exemption outlined under the Governor's directive will be required to provide proof of exemption prior to official hire with the district. Tacoma Public Schools Human Resources will work directly with candidates to finalize proof of compliance with the Governor's mandate prior to official hire.
Additional Resources and Information:
• Press Release from WA Governor's Office
• Proclamation by the Governor: COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
• OSPI Vaccination Requirement FAQ
• Vaccine Mandate FAQs
• DOH Vaccine fact sheet
This position performs secretarial and clerical functions for the assigned office and staff.
1. Answers multi-line telephone and directs calls to appropriate staff members; takes messages and answers inquiries as knowledge permits.
2. Types correspondence, forms, fliers/pamphlets/newsletters, and reports from notes or dictation; attends meetings and takes minutes as assigned; compiles a variety of information; proofreads for accuracy; makes copies and distributes; drafts routine correspondence, as directed.
3. Schedules appointments, meetings, and workshops, as assigned; keeps staff and other interested parties informed; may coordinate room set up, including furniture and audiovisual equipment; prepares agendas and materials for meetings.
4. Establishes and maintains confidential program departmental files, records, and logs; collects and records data.
5. Processes program/departmental incoming and outgoing mail.
6. Performs billing activities; processes department petty cash claims; processes payroll and maintains attendance records for assigned staff; maintains inventory records for the department or program; orders and receives departmental supplies; keys in requisitions as directed; prepares mileage and extended travel authorization requests and claims.
7. Compiles data, performs calculations, prepares reports and other documents used in the budget process; prepares a variety of forms and reports to ensure proper funding and/or compliance with district, state, or federal regulations.
OTHER JOB DUTIES
1. Maintains and updates knowledge and skills necessary for success in the position by participating in professional development activities, as needed or as assigned.
2. Performs related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
High school graduation or equivalent and three years of increasingly responsible secretarial and budget tracking experience; including one year of experience using a database and spreadsheet applications; or any combination of experience and training which provides the applicant with the knowledge, skills, and ability required to perform the work.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of general office and secretarial procedures.
Knowledge of correct grammar, spelling, and English usage.
MS Access, Excel, Word, and Internet skills.
Keyboarding skill at 40 wpm; ten-key skill; skill in operating basic office machines.
Skill in providing quality customer service.
Skill in creating sensitive original correspondence for high-level district administrators.
Ability to operate a personal computer and learn new applications.
Ability to accurately perform arithmetic calculations.
Ability to concentrate on detail and be precise.
Ability to organize, prioritize, and meet deadlines.
Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Ability to transcribe and summarize minutes.
Ability to work effectively without direct supervision.
Ability to obtain, clarify, and exchange information.
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of people in a multi cultural setting.
Ability to participate as a team member.
Required Licenses/Special Requirements
Experiences frequent interruptions; experiences prolonged visual concentration; confined to the work station for prolonged periods; exposed to confidential information; may attend meetings at district sites; may attend occasional evening meetings; occasionally deals with distraught people.
Job Locator Number: D2614
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Tacoma School District administration has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice. The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the primary functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise balance the workload.
Tacoma Public Schools does not discriminate in any programs or activities on the basis of sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, disability, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The following employees have been designated to handle questions and complaints of alleged discrimination: Civil Rights Coordinator: Lisa Nolan, 253-571-1252, email@example.com; Title IX Coordinator, Elementary: Christa Erolin, 253-571-1318, firstname.lastname@example.org; Title IX Coordinator, Secondary: Eric Hogan, 253-571-1191, email@example.com; 504 Coordinator: Elementary, Elise Friedrich-Nielsen, firstname.lastname@example.org, 253-571-1096; Secondary, Megan Nelson, email@example.com, 253-571-1003. Mailing address: P.O. Box 1357, Tacoma, WA 98401-1357.
HRInfo@tacoma.k12.wa.us, (253) 571-1250