|Employer||AtlantiCare Regional Medical Center|
AtlantiCare Regional Medical Center
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Atlantic City, NJ
POSITION SHIFT: Days
POSITION STATUS: Full-Time
Department: PACE-Life Connection
Hours Per Week 40
Holidays Required? No
Job Category: Social Work
Location: Atlantic City
Weekends Required? No
* Master's degree from an accredited school of social work required.
* Current New Jersey state licensure LCSW.
* Valid NJ Driver's License, Registration and Insurance required.
* Minimum 2 year working with a frail or elderly population required.
* Minimum 1 year experience in a social or recreational program providing and coordinating services for the frail or elderly within the last 5 years, in which was candidate was full time in a patient activities program health care setting required
The Life Center Social Worker MSW is a member of the interdisciplinary team working in collaboration with the Physician. The Social Worker provides which are performed only by and LCSW under supervision and utilizes the care process consistent with their license including initiation of interventions within individual scope of practice. Under the supervision of the Center Director this position plans, organizes and implements social work services for LIFE participants and families. The Social Worker is the liaison between the interdisciplinary team, caregiver representatives, and community agencies.
The patient care process includes:
* Clinical Assessment - an orderly process consisting of the identification, gathering and organization of subjective and objective data pertaining to the patient/family/significant other. It is a process of evaluation in which a LCSW a differential, individualized and accurate identification of the psycho/social/behavioral problems existing in the life of the individual client, the family or the group for the purpose to implement a course of counseling. A clinical assessment includes but is not limited to a mental status examination and a psychosocial history including the use of currently acceptable diagnostic classifications.
* Clinical Consultation-ongoing case discussion and evaluation focusing on but not limited to clinical social work data, clinical goals and treatment plans for the individual, group and families.
* Planning - an organized step in the process that consists of the identification of actual or potential problems and desired outcomes (goals) that result in a documented plan of care. The plan of care provides direction for the patient/family/significant other and interdisciplinary team.
* Intervention - the specific interventions or orders that are implemented consistent with the plan of care and medical treatment plan.
* Evaluation - a step in the process that involves determining the effectiveness of the interventions in achieving the plan of care and determining the conclusions concerning the achievement or lack of achievement of desired outcomes. The evaluation may initiate the need for reassessment and revisions to the problems, goals, plan of care, and interventions. This step provides for documentation of required actions based upon findings identified during assessment and reassessment:
* Patients have problems identified and prioritized relative to biophysical, psychological, environmental, self-care, educational and social status.
* Goals are identified consistent with the problem to provide direction for patient care and health promotion.
* Education is consistent with the identified problem and associated goals and is seen as critical to creating an environment that promotes patient empowerment.
Under the supervision of the Center Director plans, organizes and implements social work services for PACE participants and families. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: participant social work assessment; treatment; and teaching and counseling of participant, caregiver or other appropriate representatives/family to maintain participant support in the community. Social Worker interventions may also include: individual participant contacts; appropriate collateral contact; participant and family education, assessment, and counseling; assistance with locating resources; addressing mental health needs as they arise; ongoing case management; advocacy to ensure participant and caregiver needs are met and addressed; and disenrollment procedures. The Social Worker is the liaison between the interdisciplinary team, caregiver representatives, and community agencies.
This position supports organizational goals by providing quality customer service, participating in performance improvement efforts and demonstrating a commitment to team work and cooperation.
EDUCATION: Master's degree from an accredited school of social work required.
LICENSE/CERTIFICATION: Current New Jersey state licensure LCSW.
Valid NJ Driver's License, Registration and Insurance required. Member of the Academy of Certified Social Workers (ACSW) or other NASW-recognized certification preferred
EXPERIENCE: Minimum 2 year working with a frail or elderly population required.
Minimum 2 years of experience working on an interdisciplinary team in a hospital, nursing home or community based setting preferred. Proficiency in Clinical Applications preferred at time of hire; incumbents within position will be trained appropriately and then skill will be required for this position within 30-60 days from date of hire.
Demonstrates the competencies as established on the Assessment and Evaluation Tool for this position.
Employee must be able to work effectively within an interdisciplinary team model, interfacing and collaborating with a wide range of clinical and social services disciplines who work together to manage the PACE participants' care. The work setting is in an Adult Day Health Center and primary care clinic environment with moderate noise levels and controlled temperatures. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range. This position must be able to communicate with all staff, vendors, and clients. This position requires manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination; the ability to use department equipment. This position also requires lifting/carrying up to 65lbs.and pushing or pulling 150lbs.using appropriate body mechanics and equipment, with reasonable accommodation if needed.
This positions reports to department leadership and supervises incumbents as assigned.
The above statement reflect the general details considered necessary to describe the principle functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the position.