|Job Type||Full Time|
About Children's Minnesota
Children's Minnesota is one of the largest pediatric health systems in the United States and the only health system in Minnesota to provide care exclusively to children, from before birth through young adulthood. An independent and not-for-profit system since 1924, Children's Minnesota is one system serving kids throughout the Upper Midwest at two free-standing hospitals, nine primary care clinics, multiple specialty clinics and seven rehabilitation sites. As The Kids Experts™ in our region, Children's Minnesota is regularly ranked by U.S. News & World Report as a top children's hospital. Find us on Facebook @childrensminnesota or on Twitter and Instagram @childrensmn. Please visit childrensMN.org .
The Medical Assistant role will provide professional family-centered care to infants, children, and adolescents as delegated by a provider or RN which may include the following duties:
* Escort patients to exam room and appropriately document information.
* Prepare and administer medications and injections as directed by a clinician.
* Perform and assist with procedures and treatments as directed by clinician, such as; administering hearing/vision tests, rapid strep testing, nebulizer treatments and urine catheterizations.
* Perform laboratory specimen collection and processing to ensure the accurate and appropriate performance of patient testing while maintaining patient dignity, comfort and confidentiality.
* Maintain knowledge of, and comply with, all relevant laws, regulations and policies, procedures and standards.
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* Completion of an accredited Medical Assistant or LPN program.
* 1 year experience in a clinic setting or completion of Medical Assistant externship at a Children's Minnesota Clinic.
* Pediatric experience.
* Phlebotomy and basic laboratory skills (if required by clinic site).
* Current Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification.
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) provides support to providers in the delivery of timely, high-quality patient care services in a clinic environment. The clinical service functions include initial data collection, assisting providers with rooming, check in and scheduling of appointments. The LPN also assists patients with prescription management, patient registration, answering patient concerns and maintaining outpatient medical records. The LPN may also serve as the clinical Lead. Individuals in this role will work in an outpatient clinic setting.
License/Certification/Registration required? Yes
*High school diploma or equivalent required
*Associates or Vocational degree from a Board of Nursing approved LPN program required
*1-2 years clinic LPN experience preferred
Please click here to view the Physical Demands
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of an occupational health assessment, drug screen, background investigation, and compliance with the U.S. Government Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification. Children's Minnesota requires proof of COVID-19 vaccine, and as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), immunity to vaccine preventable infectious diseases, prior to employment.
Children's Minnesota is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all applicants. EO M/F/Disability/Vet Employer.